Popular Enterprise Plans In Office 365- A Walkthrough
Microsoft office 365 Business is a collaboration of business services under one single subscription. Office 365 Business enterprise plans are the stratification of different levels of SharePoint features in office 365. The different level denotes the different features of office, SharePoint, and exchange services combined. There are 4 enterprise plans of office 365 namely K1, E1, E3 and E4. In Office 365 Plans Comparison E1 level is basic level service and E3 and E4 are the advanced featured versions. In SharePoint terms, there is not to be chosen much from E1, E3 or E4. The need for different enterprise version arises due to the need of exchange and lync services. However with changing trend, it is not impossible to provide some feature of E1 with E4 and vice versa. In SharePoint perspective the functionality of SharePoint can be summed up as SharePoint standard for the E1 version and SharePoint E3 and E4 for the SharePoint enterprise version.
In terms of SharePoint technology some key features play a big role in deciding Office 365 Plans Comparison
- Enterprise management- this feature is needed for management and customization of app and group policy in SharePoint
- InfoPath forms- InfoPath forms are browser services on form editing. InfoPath services is unique to E3 , so even if E1 basic plan is what is the need of an organization, need for InfoPath form can create a need to switch to E3 enterprise services.
- Unlimited email- If you are looking for unlimited emailing and archiving storage facility, E3 or e4 is the plan one need to choose as a version to get these.
- Business connectivity service- this service is used to connect data from external source to SharePoint 2013 or other. So you can use the external on premise work or data to work with your SharePoint. Hence if you have a need for business connectivity services, Office 365 Enterprise E3 is the enterprise plan suited for you rather than basic E1 or E4
- Information rights management- it is a rights management tools for assigning rights of windows to SharePoint. It helps in data theft and protection against hacking or unnecessary transfer of data. E3 and E4 provide this service in its subscription plan. So you can make switch corresponding to your need for such services
- Business intelligence- if you need business intelligence functionality in your SharePoint series, you need to opt for either E3 or E4 services. Some of the more advanced functionality may not be available with Business intelligence. Mostly business intelligence is used for collaborating and sharing of data on SharePoint
- Advanced discovery- this tool is used for texting analysis and predictive development of codes. This tool can only be found in E4 version
- Advanced security- Advance security is ultimate protection against Malware and threat provide only with E4 services
- Analytics tools- Analytics tools such as power BI will only be available with E4 services.
- Cloud PBX- This service can be used to make or transfer calls to all range of handheld and desktop level devices.
By knowing the need and requirement of an organization and its legacy environment, users can opt for E1, E3 or E4 services. However most features enlisted in E3 and E4 may not be a part most corporations so the best popular choice among service user may be E1 enterprise level services. You can learn more on Microsoft 365 cloud offerings at O365CloudExperts.com. However with changing trends and ever changing business need, upgrading of enterprise plan or changing from business plan to E3 and vice versa is also possible. The popular choice of E1 enterprise is much similar to the office proPlus service. The basic services of SharePoint and exchange and skype for business make office 365 a complete subscription with lowest price rates on its services and renewals. Due to changing business needs it is possible that few of the services provided by Microsoft in addition to basic services may be much advanced that the business requirement. The subscription also gives the facility of up gradation and updating of the services at no cost. It does justify the various plans and offerings on office 365 for the best solutions to the users.