Why We Should Use Infographics in Our Website?
Infographics are now commonly used in websites to provide clearer and more focused information, compared to simple text and plain images. Infographics are essentially a combination of descriptive text and image to provide excellent and clearly understandable visual representation. People are using diagrams and graphs in real life, so they can be used as infographics as well. Explaining a topic with separate images and text can be challenging for both writers and users. Infographics are immensely popular because:
- Pictures are easier to understand than text: Explaining dozens of positions on a map can be difficult with only a text. With infographics, we would simply add some dots and short descriptions on a map. People would be better able to understand it than lengthy text.
- Enhanced appeal: Plain text may stretch over a few pages and this requires both attention and time to understand. This could put off many people and graphics are able to present clear information without people having too much time reading.
- Better ability to represent statistical data: Statistical data can be quite complex and showing them with graphical representation would make them easier to understand. Reading statistical values would be quite tiresome.
- Subject matter is simplified: Lengthy data may contain complex data and it is important to simplify them to improve comprehension. Graphics and other images are able to present subjects in a more simplified and orderly way. Given information, readers will be able to understand and read information more easily.
- Readers’ interests will be stimulated: Attractive infographics are known for their clever uses of colors. In this case, we would be able to put our points across more easily.
- Easy recording and sharing of information: Graphics and embedded text allow us to present information in a much more digestible way. It means that recording and sharing of such information would be much easier.
In this case, we should make sure to implement any method that can capture users’ attention. Messages should be conveyed much more effectively. We need to look for ways to reduce attention span and increase distractions. With so many options in online world, capturing attention can be quite difficult. There are different ways to make our infographics to look interesting to users. In many cases, infographics can’t significantly improve comprehension, because they are not designed properly. We should find a balance between maintaining simplicity and providing enough interesting details.
By maintaining the balance, we should be able to make a desired impact on our consumers’ minds. Marketers could also incorporate infographics in their marketing materials. When dealing with cutthroat competition in the modern business world, we should use tools that can help us prevail in the marketing world. In many scenarios, infographics are undoubtedly the most effective way and eye-catching way to attract people’s attention. Graphics are usable anytime and with Adobe Photoshop we are able to create infographics with layered designs. It means that we can easily add/move/delete text, dots and other elements in infographics.